Saturday, February 6, 2010

It's Official

Well, I went to the Dr. this past Thursday and it is official...No Chemo!! He told me the test they were running was way negative.

The other test, however, had a rating of 0-18% was good, 30% and above was bad, and mine came back at 19%. What that means is that I have a 12% chance of cancer coming back in another part of my body. He said with chemo, that could reduce to 8% and asked me if I wanted to do that. I said NO, and he said he would probably say the same. So I asked what I can do to help prevent it coming back and he said that exercise, and a lot of it, is the biggest thing. Also, eating MUCH better and losing weight will help.

So we have been working on more exercise (also to aid in the training for our 3-day walk in November), and eating cleaner. Did you know there is a chocolate out there made of 70% cacao and is delicious? It is supposed to help your heart as well. Course you don't want to eat too much because it is very rich, and could add extra calories, but in my book it is much tastier than a regular candy bar. I am eliminating as much aspartame from my diet as I possibly can and am saying NO to a lot of my favorite treats. I am determined to once and for all get healthy.

Anyone interested in learning more about the 3-day Walk for the Cure as well as my participation in it can click here! Thanks for your interest and concern. Talk to you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment