Sunday, July 4, 2010

Walking like a Champ!

Hello Friends-
Well, I am DOING it. What is IT?? WALKING!!! I have been doing the official training set up by the Susan G. Komen site. Yesterday, my husband Brian and I walked 6 miles. It was great when we got to our half way point and said "Oh, we only have 3 more miles to go!" 6 months ago we would have said, "3 miles!!! YIKES" But here we are walking 6 miles and feeling very accomplished. Today we did 4 miles and felt like that was nothing compared to the 6. However we WERE tired and felt like it was an effort. With a little over 4-1/2 months to go before the 3-day walk, we have a lot of work to do. We are up at 4:15 AM now to try to beat the heat. We will keep it up and keep smiling :~) !!! It is great walking with Brian. He is getting excited about possibly walking in the 3-day walk. He keeps saying he wants to make sure we girls (Beckie, Lizzy and me) get our funds raised and then he wants to sign up. We want him geared up to make the walk with us. He has been right there with me for every training walk (and even a couple he went on alone). Anyone who has any ideas how we can do more fundraising, please let me know. I really want him there with us for our walk. I will do better with keeping you posted on how we are doing. Have a great (and safe) 4th of July, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment