Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Radiation Upate

Hello everyone...I wanted to update you with how my radiation is going. It is totally not at all like I thought it would be. I go twice a day for one week. So right now I have 4 treatments done with 6 yet to do. I go in and wait for my CT Scan. That takes a total of about 3 minutes. It is not scary at all. The techs are all so nice and will even pop a little joke in every so often. Then I go out and wait to be called for the radiation. There are two other gals who are part of my "team". We are each going through the same thing and wait to be called for radiation after our CT Scan. Radiation is just like a "relax moment". I go into a room called a vault. There is a recliner there where I get myself comfy and they hook up my radiation tubes to the radiation machine. They close the door, have nice jazz music playing, and I close my eyes for the 10 minute treatment. It's great. I let my mind waunder and just enjoy the "me" time. After that, I go to an exam room where a Medical Assistant cleans and re-dresses my wound. We leave and start all over at the next session. I wanted to give you the details in case you might know of someone who might be faced with the procedure. It is not scary and it is always good to know that any part of something that could be scary, isn't. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about this to help you understand this better. I will talk some more later. Thanks for reading ~~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad everything is going well. Looking forward to hearing that all is behind you. It will be a great day when that happens! Love you and look forward to seeing you soon.

    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete